Thursday, January 12, 2012

i think i love you

In honor of the upcoming holiday for smooches and cheesy cards, I have created a Valentine's Day list. February 14th will actually also be Henrik and I's 1-and-a-half year anniversary, so cheers to that!

Generally, I don't really get very excited about Valentine's Day, but I certainly don't loathe it the way some seem to. I mean, what's not to like about kisses and playing footsie under the table at a restaurant you had to make a reservation for 3 months in advance? I can dig that.

Of course, not everyone will be exchanging saliva and red-colored gifts. I spent 4 years in Shitty Relationshipville, so I sympathize with those who watch seemingly everyone else in the world rub noses and make googly eyes. It sucked, and it was kind of gross. But it wasn't the end of the world, or it didn't have to be anyway. I was perfectly capable of searching for somebody else to love me, but I didn't. More importantly, I could have chosen to focus on loving myself, but I didn't do that either.

I hope that, no matter what your romantic situation is, you enjoy this upcoming Valentine's Day, even if you enjoy it simply as "February 14th: Just Another Day." Single and minglin', single and diggin' it, dating for funsies, dating for serious, and anything and everything in between⎯may you have a love filled day.

And now, some goodies to celebrate with early because lesson planning is the pits!

Valentine's Day


1.   2.   3. 
4.   5.   6.

7.   8. 9.
10.   11.   12.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips