Monday, January 16, 2012

thrifty

Saturday, Henrik and I went out thrifting! Thrifting is undoubtedly my favorite hobby. I love sifting through what people leave behind, wondering what each item's story is and how it arrived there. There are a lot of great places to thrift in the Bay, and Henrik and I go nearly every weekend.






We went first to San Leandro, primarily so I could get some clothes (and I found some pretty stellar things, if I do say so myself! I'll post them below). Then, we ventured to Berkeley to pay a visit to Henrik's favorite salvage spot: Urban Ore. Always lots of weird things to check out there; we're pretty big fans.


(what's an oogin??)



 flying pig
 metal buttcheeks


After a full day of thrifting, we were starving⎯so we got Chinese take-out from the restaurant beneath our apartment! :) If you're ever in Oakland, you should check out Chef Yu's; it's pretty tasty, and the food comes quickly. It's pretty nice living in the city, where you have at least 6 restaurants within 5 minutes in any direction.


And here are the things I purchased! I was pretty stoked about the things I found, but my favorite is definitely this black, floor-length, cut-out-mesh dress I scored for 8 bucks. It fits perfectly. How lucky is that?!

 this white dress reminds me so much of Marilyn Monroe! I'm really excited for summer to come so I can test this baby out. ;)


Yay thrifting! Yay Chinese food! Yay Saturdays! :)

Ps. I did a bit of a blog-makeover this weekend, and I'm quite pleased with it!

4 comments :

  1. Your blog is adorable! That store looks like so much fun. Love those shorts you found :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely looooove the black dress you got.. and also I think I'm in love with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! :D such high compliments!

    the store is definitely hilarious; if you're ever in the Bay, you should check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I really like your blog! Your photos are awesome, that outfit is so incredible and that black dress you found - so cool! I'm a follower now :)

    Annika xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips