Thursday, February 9, 2012

braindead

Super exhausted today for some reason--is anyone else having a draining week? I suppose I should have more energy (I did, after all, pass out after getting out of the shower yesterday at an incredibly early hour), but I am feeling dead on my feet. Ahh! One more week until February break, a glorious holiday that my district partakes in. We didn't have a break growing up in Michigan, but I am definitely not complaining. I'm still trying to think of ways to spend said break. Any cheap ideas?

As always, some snapshots from the week:






In other news, Valentine's Day is around the corner, and men continue to be the hardest people on earth to shop for. Never fear, I have some ideas in mind! Tuesdays are a bit unromantic, but we're celebrating nevertheless. It is also our one-and-a-half year anniversary! Woo!

Tomorrow is the Valentine's Day dance at my school, which the kids are thrilled about. I'm going for the first part because there's going to be Dancing with the Teachers! That's right, students and teachers competing in a dance-off. (Did I mention my school's fantastic?) Teacher-student duos, or groups, practice a dance number in the weeks leading up to it. Then, they compete on stage for a cash prize. I am not dancing, but I will be flitting around snapping photographs and grinning at my colleagues as they shake what they've got. After the competition is over, I am high-tailing it out of there. Word has it that the Valentine's Day dance is by far the freakiest, and I am not trying to chaperone a grind-fest. I feel I'm too young to effectively break up gyrating teens. Give me a couple years, and maybe then I can take it on.

So that's me at the moment! I promise I will be posting better pictures soon; they're accumulating, it seems. Hope everyone is having a thrilling Thursday. :P

4 comments :

  1. That sounds like so much fun! Happy anniversary and valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are completely adorable! Thank you so much for your awesome comment on my blog today--I loved your idea of parading around in a swim suit, and I feel like I'm going to do the same!! You're a gem! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary dear :)
    follow my blog and i will follow you too!
    Decimal Shoes blog
    Decimal Shoes Web

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahah Dancing with Teachers. I can't wait until I'm a teacher so that I can embarrass my students like that, lol. I will force them to do the chicken dance with me. Happy anniversary as well :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips