Wednesday, February 29, 2012

rain rain, please stay!

Woke up today at 6:50⎯a real luxury in my line of work! After staying late at the Teach for America headquarters last night, blubbering to my teacher and my mentor in the corps, I felt I deserved to sleep in a little bit. Good decision; I feel considerably better! Waking up with actual light coming through the window, listening to the pleasantly soft sound of rain and cars outside, was wonderful. I feel considerably better.

I am lucky to have some real support in my life, including the support I get from you guys who read this (reading your comment this morning was helpful, Ms. Kirsten!). Came to school today and was excited to see my kids. Played Cat Stevens, danced around the computer lab where the kids are taking their monthly reading assessment, and told the kids they are wonderful. They are quietly working now, everyone on task⎯freaking angels, seriously! :)

Anyways, I like the quietness the rain brings, and I'm feeling calmed by it. Things are going to be okay, I think.

teacher Leila!

And because this song made my morning (and life) seem so much more manageable, I wanted to pass it along to you all as well. Never fails to make me smile. You go, Cat Stevens!


2 comments :

  1. I love rainy days. I am glad you are having a good and calm day, also that Cat Stevens could cheer you up! Such a good song :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm glad my ridiculously long comment was helpful! I hope you have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips