Saturday, March 17, 2012

st. patter pat

Hey all!

So, this week was incredibly busy, but now it is Saturday and I can breathe! I am enjoying a very relaxing St. Patty's Day, thank-you-very-much. :) I had potatoes and eggs for breakfast, wore my gold oxford shoes (and all green everything else of course! minus my blazer ;) ), listened to The Cranberries for  3 hours straight, and got my hair cut.


Fun fact: I am actually a little bit Irish! I always talk about being Tunisian because that's how I was raised/what I identify with, but my mom's Irish-Catholic and went to Catholic school and everything. Her mother was named Eileen O'Day (can't get much more Irish than that), and my great grandfather (Eileen's father, John O'Day) came to the U.S. straight from Ireland. So, that makes me a quarter Irish. Could you have guessed?

This week was the Vagina Monologues, which was amazing but hectic. I have a video I can post later if you're curious to see my monologue! It was also a week of CAHSEE testing for the sophomores, IEP meetings, and my boss taking me to lunch so I would sign my contract for next year, haha. ;P I will indeed be coming back next year to finish up my Teach For America commitment! I can't believe I'm almost halfway through it already.

I'm about to run out and buy groceries and drink-making-supplies, so I'll leave you with one of my favorite Irish band jams. Have I mentioned that I love The Cranberries? ;)



I'll be posting more later! Enjoy your holiday, and be safe!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips