Monday, April 23, 2012

ablaze

That's what my skin is⎯on fire.

Yesterday, I went to the beach. My Arab skin usually keeps me pretty safe from burns, but it seems the circumstances were against me yesterday. Perhaps it is because I've been covered nearly head to toe for months, thanks to teaching. Or, maybe the sun was especially hot yesterday, and I especially dehydrated. Whatever the reason, I definitely now have the worst burn of my life. My back, shoulders, and legs have the color a tomato would envy. I have spent the entire school day stripping in my office to reapply globules of aloe gel. My students have tutted lovingly over my shiny forehead and pink calves. Sunburn 2012, never forget! I cannot wait to get home and soak in some apple cider vinegar.


 pre-sunburn..... look at that naive, unexpecting skin. damn you!
at least I dominated at Scrabble

On another note, this week is going to be the worst week yet for me in terms of busy-ness (but I think it will be the last!). I apologize if I am the most dull person ever this week, but know that after this final stretch, I will be a much more interesting/energetic/funny/attractive blogger-person. ;) Wish me luck? Just gotta make it 'till next  Wednesday. :P

12 comments :

  1. I have the same swimsuit as you!

    Also, you poor thing. Sunburn sucks, big time. Nice blog.

    - Fifi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you! And it's a great swimsuit, isn't it?! I love the flowers and the cut, so cute and feminine. :)

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog from the do something good link up and am just getting aroudn to commenting! I read through your get to know you page that you posted that day- what an interesting and rich life that you have! I am jealous that you relocated to CA- definitely my favorite state- if only I could afford to live there! Good luck with your insanely busy week coming up. You'll get through it!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D California is great; expensive, definitely, but a wonderful place to be. I'm really enjoying my time here and don't ever want to leave, ahhhh. :) I at least get one more year here before I may have to think of leaving (grad school! eek).

      I just looked at your blog and thought it was so cute! Your most recent post was really touching; I enjoyed reading it, and though I'm of a different faith, I have had similar thoughts and revelations. :) New follower as well!

      Delete
  3. Ouchie!! Yikes. I can't go outside for longer than 5 minutes on a sunny day without feeling my skin start to burn, it's awful. I hope it starts to heal and feel better soon. I love me some scrabble :]

    Good luck with the rest of your busy week!!! *sending you good vibes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay scrabble! :D And thank you!! Your good vibes must have worked, because I had a pretty darn good week despite the busy-ness! :)

      Delete
  4. OH you poor, poor skin. Globules was an awesome word to use by the way. So funny. Globules... anyway, good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ai, sunburns are never a good thing. I hope they've subisded somewhat by now :)

    And Scrabble is the best board game ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank you! my burn has turned into a nice tan now, thankfully! :) Scrabble is definitely the best, I'm a sucker for word games. :D

      Delete
  6. Sorry! That's why I always hide from the sun:)
    You look pretty in the pics though

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips