Thursday, April 5, 2012

all by myself

It's day 4 of my week without Henrik, and I am...surviving? I never realized how much different things would be without him around! I find myself constantly trying to figure new things out. "When do I make my lunch? How do I turn on the stove? What should I do when I get home? How am I getting home?" Henrik, my dear boyfriend, I miss the heck out of you, and never again will I think for a moment that I could do this long term without you! :D He really is a partner in the truest sense of the word, and without him around, I feel myself scrambling! Luckily, he'll be back from France on Monday.

The kiddos are aware of my helplessness. They tease me pretty hard about my inability to cook. I decided yesterday that I would show them, by actually using the oven for the first time since moving here (on my own, anyway). I made a video of myself making a ready-made pizza. The kids were quite amused when I showed them today. I have some really fun students.







So yeah! I feel really accomplished for a number of reasons. First, I've managed to make a meal for myself without burning the apartment down. ;) Second, I figured out this comment issue that was bugging the heck out of me! The font color was white and the background was white and I was like >:[ but then I figured it out! I do have one question though: how do I make it so I can reply to individual comments? You all say such nice things and I want to respond! I'll probably end up looking it up, but I wanted to ask first. :)

I took some pictures yesterday of what I wore to teach in, mostly because I'm trying to appreciate my work-wear a bit more. (Excuse the crummy quality, 7pm-and-indoor photos!) Here's my Wednesday work attire:




skirt: vintage ~ shirt: unknown label, secondhand ~ shoes: vintage ~ tights: (with little polka dots!) Ann Taylor

So that's me! I'm really exhausted, so this post may be jumbled and/or incoherent; my apologies! Next week is spring break and I am taking it easy, so I should seem considerably more together then. :) Hope everyone has a great Friday!

4 comments :

  1. yay for figuring out the oven and not burning the apartment down. It really is hard when the men leave and your use to them being home. I have to go through that every year at this time because my boyfriend goes on tour. Anyways, love your outfit your adorable.

    P.S. i think you can respond to comments when they go to your e-mail. Just write back as if the comment was an e-mail you got (if that makes sense)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! You look so effortlessly chic and you are so beautiful. I love the layout of your blog, the content and everything in between! Your style is just impeccable and your blog is simply the epitome of perfection! I can't wait to read your future posts, you are brilliant at making videos too! I am your newest, most avid follower. I would love it if you could perhaps check out my blog and perhaps follow me back? :)

    Love from, THE EASTERN PEARL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second photo BLEW ME AWAY. I really love the tone of your writing. You seem so fun and nice! :D

    A from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips