Saturday, April 21, 2012

four twenty

Today has been an interesting day. It is the 22nd birthday of my first "real" boyfriend (happy birthday, Jonathan!). It is also the sad anniversary of the Columbine massacre, which means it is also Adolf Hitler's birthday. Of course, the more carefree connotation of this day is one of Bob Marley and bowls and green.

Today, I received news that a girl in my graduating class passed away this morning in a car accident. I've felt a bit off since hearing of the tragedy. At 21, she was most definitely too young for this. Incidents like this make me really reflect on my own life. We learn to have such a sense of false immortality, when in reality we are so very fragile. It is too painful to even consider that in an instant, I too could be gone⎯but it's true. I must remember to be thankful, and to never take time for granted. I really hate that whole "yolo" thing, but you really do only get one shot; better make it the best one you can, each and every day.

On a lighter note, Henrik and I went thrifting today (as usual). I didn't buy any clothes because I wasn't really in the mood, but I did walk away with some books I had been searching for, a jar with flowers painted on it, and a floral scarf. Not bad! I took this unbelievably short video, in case you guys wanted to see Henrik and I perusing through the brick-a-brak. Excuse how...bizarre it is, haha; I was unbelievably bored a few minutes ago.



It's been such an exhausting week, but I will get more pictures up soon. :) Hope you all have a good start to your weekends.

3 comments :

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, that really is much too young to be taken away! Gahhh I wish I could watch that video but I am at work and it is blocked :( should probably get off the internet anyway haha. Hope you've been well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terribly sad to hear about Whitney. Even worse, she left behind a 2 year old son :/ Sometimes you really do forget how fragile life is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your friend. My husband's parents were in plane accident about a month ago, and his father passed away...loss is so hard, but it does remind you not to take for granted each moment you have.

    Hope you've had a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips