Monday, May 28, 2012

american girl

This Memorial Day Weekend, I'm trapped inside with a lot of work; my final portfolio for my credential is due June 2nd (aka the day after my birthday, so lord knows I need to do it now). I did manage to escape for a few hours today to go grocery shopping. I decided to wear some patriotic gear to show some spirit, so I found my striped shorts and blue blouse and called it good.

blouse: thrifted vintage ~ shorts: Urban Outfitters ~ boots: Urban Outfitters


To be honest, I was a little nervous to wear these shorts today. I bought them a few months ago and have been avoiding wearing them. I gained a bit of weight this year (as most first year teachers do) and went through a period of being fairly self-conscious about it. But⎯to hell with that. No sense in being down on myself. My body will fluctuate and change as my lifestyle fluctuates and changes. I've got what I've got, and I might as well enjoy it! Bring on the short shorts, I'm not scared.

Enjoyed a great meal with Henrik; we tried to make it as "American" as possible, which sort of worked? Instead of burgers, I had a salmon patty and Henrik had a veggie burger. (I'd say that's close enough). We had corn, too, and Henrik has an apple pie in the oven. I have a good life, I really do. Hope you all are enjoying the long weekend! Shout-out to my barely-older-than-me cousin, Johnny, who just got back from Afghanistan. Love the bejesus out of him.

4 comments :

  1. too cute! LOVE THE SHORTS! and you are right, there's nothing to be self conscious about because you look great! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! :D you are so sweet. :)

      Delete
  2. you look amazing!!perfect outfit!
    follow!if you want check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :D just checked out your blog and followed, you have fantastic style :)

      Delete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips