Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"cheap cheap," say the birds

Spring is here in the Bay! So, maybe it's not particularly springy today with the sheet of fog that has rolled in to smother us cruelly in cold, gray ugliness, but in general, spring is alive and well in Northern California. Hooray!

This past weekend was not incredibly eventful, which was good. Henrik has a new job for a plant nursery, so I found myself on my own Saturday and Sunday until the evening! On Saturday, I attended an all-day class about autism. It was interesting for two reasons; professionally because I teach special education, and personally because I have a number of family members on the autism spectrum. While I'm not a fan of all-day classes on Saturdays, the subject matter made me less cranky. I did spend a fair deal of it sitting awkwardly by myself in the back because I tend to be anti-social around TFA folks. Go figure.

I dressed a little school-girl-esque because I was going to be in class all day in the opposite role than normally, and also because who doesn't love tie up blouses and skirts? Walking home, I was offered a ride from a couple gentlemen, whom I turned down. One said he'd give me a ride home⎯on his bike. Woman walking home = always an adventure.

blouse: thrifted ~ skirt: Forever 21 ~ belt: thrifted ~ shoes: Forever 21 ~ socks: Forever 21

Sunday, after Henrik got back from work, we went to look at shops and then got some dinner (which I'll likely post about later!). I love just hanging out and having lazy Sundays with him. My outfit was a merging of my lazy-Sunday-feeling and the eagerness I have for spring. Comfortable.... with floral print!

dress: thrifted ~ boots: thrifted ~ socks: Forever 21 ~ purse: H&M

So get this⎯everything in this post except for my socks was purchased second-hand! Aww yeah. :) The green blouse? $1.50. The dress? $4.00. #thriftforever

(Pssst! Don't forget, if you want to be interviewed for my thrifting class, shoot me an e-mail! :) If you don't know what I'm talking about, check this post.)

9 comments :

  1. So many fantastic thrifted finds!!! You have such cute style. I want to rummage through my closet and get rid of a bunch of stuff so I can make more room for thrifted goodness. It sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. I love that you are having a thrifting and fashion blogging class. That will be so much fun for your students. I wish I would have embraced thrifting earlier on. You can save so much money and still look great :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top in that first outfit is the perfect color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too adorable, mmk? No wonder you were getting hit on! Girl you were working it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOOOVE your outfits! Ooohh those shoes are so cute. I want them please. Weee you're so stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super duper cheap, and indeedly AWESOME. My favourite: the floral dress.

    xx
    @watermoolen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both outfits are super sweet! <3 I love that tied up blouse!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so loving both these looks! I especially love the colour palette in the first one, beautiful!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just the cutest person ever! I love both outfits you wore, especially your lazy-Sunday floral dress. Too cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like your blog and i'm the new follower:)

    itisirem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips