Tuesday, May 8, 2012

graduation: part 1

I'm back! I'm home! I'm an adult! (kind of)

This past weekend was a bit of a whirlwind. I flew into Michigan early Thursday morning and left Sunday afternoon. Phew! I technically graduated from college in the spring of 2011 with the first graduating class of the Residential College in the Arts and Humanities. I had to miss the huge, once-in-a-lifetime ceremony, however, because I was out in California interviewing for teacher jobs and doing my Teach for America thang. Gross! So, I came out to walk this year with what would have been my class (if I hadn't rushed through the whole college thing and got done in 3 years). I am, as my professor Anita Skeen commented, an inbetween student, the "late-twin;" part of both the first graduating class and the second. Ahhh, will I ever do anything the way I'm supposed to? :P


 parentals!

 reading my poem
 STUD

Henrik and his momma

 me and RCAH Dean, Steve Esquith: my mentor, my professor, and my very good friend! :)

 coolest guy I know

 we studied here! we lived here! long live sny-phi!

 lovely parents again :)
 cue cheesy grad pics~









Hope I didn't bombard you all with too many photos! ;) More later of the ceremony itself, though not nearly as many! Hope you all are well. :)

11 comments :

  1. That's all so exciting! Congratulations, "official" graduate! So happy for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D I was unbelievably excited to finally do the big ceremony. :) I'm a sucker for those kinds of things!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! That is nice that you were able to walk. I think having an interview trumps the first go around haha. That is also incredible that you graduated in 3 years with such a great gpa - you go girl! Super cute outfit by the way :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, m'am! :D I really am glad I did it the way I did. :) We'll see if I get into a Master's program after I apply next year... haha :P

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I'm from Michigan! :)

    XO,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! And yeeeeeah, Michiganders :D

      Delete
  4. SO.FUN. 3 years and a 3.97 GPA? Girl, you crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha you are definitely right about that! :D

      Delete
  5. Congratulations to you!! Great photos!!!! 3.97 GPA oh my goodness! Keep up the great work! Following you now...

    Http://www.quizasthequeen.com

    Danielle xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips