Sunday, May 27, 2012

melancholy: sad songs for sad folks

Hey all. Had a really full week, and I have lots and lots of things to show and tell you guys, but I've been feeling really off today so.. yeah. I've been having a lot of good days, nearly a year of them really, or maybe even two. This is one of the first bad "down" days I've had in a while, and I'm not sure what triggered it. I'm just feeling really sad. I'm sure I'll snap out of it, but for the moment, I definitely am glum. I hate knowing these moods still live within me somewhere. Come on, brain; get it together.

What do you folks do when you're feeling blue? Henrik convinced me to get up and get some ice cream, and I'm very glad he did. Sometime soon I'll do a post about the ice cream place I discovered this week and now adore, in case you end up in Oakland and are looking for a sweet treat.

Aside from ice cream, I like to listen to sad music. I'm one of those folks who likes an extra dose of something; if it's cold, I crave ice cream, and if I'm sad, I play sad songs. It's as if I want to amplify the feelings so as to rid myself of them. Anyways, most people who know me know that my iPod is filled with:

  1. sad folk music
  2. slightly cheerful folk music
  3. Tori Amos
  4. every 90's song that ever existed
  5. booty-bumpin' jams
  6. anything else potentially tear-evoking
so, I have quite a lot of melancholy tunes to choose from. If you guys are interested, here's what I've been listening to today: a playlist for a gray, gloomy Saturday. Next time I post, I'm sure I'll be in much higher spirits, but for now I'm just gonna eat my lemon sorbet and listen to sad songs.

"I Wish I Knew" - Sharon Van Etten
"So It Goes" - Chris Pureka
"Carry Me Ohio" - Sun Kil Moon
"Fish" - Wye Oak
"Especially Me" - Low
"It's Okay" - Land of Talk
"Simple" - Martha Tilston and the Woods
"The Way" - Mia Doi Todd
"Different Stars" - Trespassers William
"Candyfloss Branches" - Kat Flint 
"Doughnut Song" - Tori Amos
"Holocene" - Bon Iver
"Heartbeats" - José González


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips