Friday, May 4, 2012

mitten

After a restless night of cold, stale air and unyielding airplane seats, I am home in the Mitten state! Why, you may ask? To graduate!

It's bizarre, yes. I technically graduated last spring⎯a year early, because I was/am an overachiever, and because I wanted to join Teach for America ASAP! What I didn't realize at the time, however, was that I was going to have to miss my graduation ceremony to go do interviews and credentialing exams in California that weekend! I was crushed. My Dean, who is an excellent man, suggested I come back the following year to walk with what would have been my graduating class if I hadn't stacked on just short of 20 credits each semester. So, here I am! Graduated a year ago, been working since, but, darn it, I am going to walk that stage! Better late than never, right?

So I'm in Michigan for a very brief amount of time. After sleeping away a good majority of the morning, Henrik and I decided to go for a paddle boat ride. Henrik's mother lives on a lake, and it is beautiful. The weather today was uncharacteristically warm, something like 80 degrees and sunny, which made it a perfect day to paddle around the lake. We saw ducks, geese, turtles, fish, and even swans. (My favorite was a family of turtles all stacked up on each other on this piece of driftwood.) It was a great day. :)



 Henrik's mom, scaring away the geese



vicious swans who gave us the stink eye when we paddled by...


Tomorrow⎯East Lansing bound! 

4 comments :

  1. You won't regret walking it's a great experience. Also I just made a page called thriftfanatics and I would love for you to join. I absolutely adore reading your blog (:

    xx
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D Walking was phenomenal; I'm posting pictures soon! :) And thank you, that is extremely high praise as I'm a big fan of your blog! I will for sure check out thriftfanatics. :D Sounds excellent!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like such a wonderful day! And these pictures are absolutely lovely. Really, really adore that polka dot top of yours ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D I'm a sucker for polka dots, haha. :)

      Delete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips