Wednesday, July 18, 2012

100

Hello, my wonderful ones. :)

I have working Internet on my computer again finally! Before I start this post, I really want to thank all of you for the love and support you gave me on my last post. It was enormously important to me; I felt considerably less alone, and your kind words reminded me that not everybody is a racist old lady. ;) I really do appreciate all of your support, and sooooo.. read on and you'll see what I've got for you! :)


2 things to celebrate:

1. 100 Pages


You know how I said I was writing a lot this summer? Well, I've been writing a book. I've planned out the book meticulously since the age of 14 and decided I ought to just write the darn thing. And so I am. Last week, I reached 100 pages. I'm really proud of myself for pushing through and keeping to a schedule of writing every night. It feels good to watch my ideas grow into something substantial. Maybe one day, I'll be reading this thing to my own children. All I know is that I'm finally taking action on something I've always dreamed of, and I've made some significant progress! :D So, yay!

2. 100 Friends

104, to be exact! (Don't want to leave anybody out!) When I started this blog, I knew I did not want to push it for some sort of e-popularity contest or something; I wanted to post about things I liked, and I hoped that people that cared would find it interesting. I did not want to persuade people to come to my blog for hopes of building my numbers or something⎯that always seemed really weird to me, such a fascination with more, more, more. I celebrate the 104 of you not because I'm ticking off a checklist, but because I really, really like you guys and I am so glad you find me sort of okay as well! :) You all are so funny and clever and talented and I am honored that you occasionally spend some time checking out my life, because maybe that means I'm pretty special too. Basically, I dig you guys. Blog hug.

To celebrate these awesome things and you awesome people, I'm going to do a giveaway. Unfortunately, it will not be held until I get back because, being really honest, it is so hard to keep track of things while I'm traveling. But it will happen! So, yeah. :) Look for it in about 2 weeks! (Did I mention I dig you guys?)

I'm going to post asap about my travels and stuff (including lots of back log), so hopefully that is interesting in the meantime. :)

6 comments :

  1. Oh yay! I'm slowly but surely attempting to write a book about these dudes, but I'm nowhere near 100 pages. Congratulations on that because it's super impressive!! :D Rhi xx

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Congratulations!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on reaching 100 pages!!! What an incredible feeling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations :)
    Today is my first time reading your blog and I really enjoy it. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips