Saturday, July 7, 2012

travel woes

Hello dear, patient blog readers. I am not dead, though I currently feel like it.

One of my least favorite things about traveling has to be getting sick while on vacation. Without fail, my body always seems to cry out at some point with an unidentified ailment. Usually, it's pains of the stomach⎯more exaggerated kinds than my every-day American stomach pains, of which I have plenty. For as long as I can remember, I've had really bad, really unexplained stomach pain. Getting sick on vacation is even more miserable because you are someplace beautiful and you cannot enjoy it. Le sigh.

So I've been bedridden for all of today with a fever and bizarre pain, but I am in Henrik's beautiful summer home in a small village in Southern France. :) My life is pretty good, all things considered.

I have been without internet access for a while now, but I have it again for at least this next week, so I'm hoping to read some of your blogs after such a long hiatus. As for blogging on my end, I have taken a ton of pictures, but they've mostly been with my film camera and I have yet to develop the rolls. Hopefully you'll find it as exciting as I will once I get to get a look at those babies!

In the meantime, here are some Instagram shots. I took some videos while at the beach in Sweden and am working on making it into some sort of little movie. :) That should come fairly soon! If I stay sick, it will likely come very soon. ;P

Places I have been this week, some of which are pictured here:

  • Sweden
  • Denmark
  • France
  • Italy


at Tivoli, in Denmark!






quality Swedish card





Henrik's summer house




menu in Italy yesterday--check out the Pizza Pazza

What have you guys been up to? Any travel woes you'd like to commiserate with me about? ;)

18 comments :

  1. Cute cute shots! Those clouds look absolutely magical!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like you're having a grand ol' time traveling the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all awesome pictures, especially the pic from the plane. flying pictures are all too amazing to look at :)

    xo, samantha
    sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon.

    You're pictures look amazing. I wish I was in Europe! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos make me so happy :D I especially like the photo of the big old brick building and the clouds from the air.
    Unfortunately no travel comiserations to share (I wish I was travelling!!) :P
    Feel better soon :) Try having something ginger related, like ginger beer? It always helps to settle my stomach :)

    Rhi :) xx
    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my! what an adventure you're having. I love travelling, but yes, getting sick definitely sucks, esp. when also home sick. I can't tell you how amazed I am from all of these pictures. Did you love Sweden?? I was there a few years ago and have such fond memories.

    http://meggymoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photos! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are so pretty and fun, really loving the polka dot cut out blouse, but bummer for being sick! If I had to be sick somewhere, a small village in the south of france sounds like an okay place! I hope you feel better quickly and can get out and enjoy yourself asap!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha oh my gosh that swedish card is AWESOME! Also, I'm sorry to hear that you have been sick, that is no fun at all! My friend seems to have the same problem and always has stomach pains for no reason.. especially after eating fast food! Hopefully you get feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear. I am sorry you weren't feeling well, I hope you are feeling better now and enjoying your travels. The photos are all so beautiful. It sounds and looks like an incredible trip (minus feeling ill). The summer home is just too cute. Hahaha and what the heck is going on in the Swedish card?? Anywho, can't wait to see more of the trip once the film is developed :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw man! I hate getting sick while traveling, too, but I commend you for looking at the positive side of things. I wish I could be more like you.

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh I'm so jealous of your summer travels! I wish I was in Europe right now, although I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I get stomach aches a lot too and it sucks, but it sounds like yours are really bad. I hope you feel better soon and can get back to enjoying the south of France! Very cool pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay. 1. That Swedish card is priceless. Priceless I tell you.
    2. I'm sorry that you're feeling sickly. I got like that on my trip to Italy. No fun.
    3. You're almost at 100 followers. I wish I could follow you again to make it happen.
    4. Yes, I am super jealous of your awesome travels this summer. Very, very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely love these shots. that one up in the airplane is just breathtaking. no pun intended ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those photos are beautiful! What a grand trip! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that looks like so much fun! and your orange top is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun! Looks like an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those photos are gorgeous! I am so jealous - I have wanted to go to Europe for a very long time!

    As a side note, I adore your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips