Tuesday, August 14, 2012

2!

Two years ago today, Henrik and I began dating. It's crazy to think that it's been two years⎯crazy that time flies, but also surprising that we've only known each other for that long. In that short time, we have graduated from college, moved across the country, moved in together, started post-college jobs, and adopted a cat! Phew! I feel as though I have known Henrik my entire life. He knows me better than anyone. He is the only person on earth who seems to be able to tolerate my moods, he gets my strange jokes (and makes some himself), and he can reason with me unlike anybody else.

Henrik, in too many ways to count, is amazing. He moved across the country for me and has been my rock through this emotional, hectic transition into "adulthood." Henrik is thoughtful, funny, and smart, and he is unconditionally loyal and loving. I still can't believe that someone like him finds me worth his time. I honestly think I'm the luckiest girl on the planet. I love that I wake up everyday thinking that, even two years later.

Tonight, we'll be going out to dinner and then just hanging out at home. We hope to go kayaking (!!) sometime to celebrate, but since I'm fasting, it won't be for a while. I'm happy just to have time to spend with him. :) Here's to many more anniversaries!

 
then (to the day, in Mali) & now (in France this summer)!

10 comments :

  1. Cute! My husband I celebrated two years since our first date yesterday ! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, we've just had our 2 year anniversary too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. you looked cute then & you look cute now! : ) it's amazing what can happen in just a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! My boyf and I celebrated our 2 years in March, it's crazy how time flies isn't it?? You two look very happy :) Congrats!

    Daydream Frenzy

    Floral Crown Giveaway

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, congrats! Love your outfit in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats darlin'! You and your fella are adorable, I love how you put the then and now pictures. It's amazing how much people can change in a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so precious!

    I love your then look, and your now look. so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the sweetest love story ever..congrats! you two are adorable!

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  9. you guys are so super cute! Congrats!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips