Sunday, August 26, 2012

roll four: france and italy

Happy Saturday! I made it through the first week of school, and I have to say it was infinitely easier than I expected. The difference between my first year and now my second is incredible. I'm so relieved to find that it's a breeze by comparison. :P

To celebrate yesterday, the staff went out for drinks and food; the restaurant was filled with teachers from the other schools in Hayward, and we all got a good laugh upon realizing that⎯great minds do seem to think alike! After staff bonding, I went with Henrik to go thrifting (picked up a pair of coral socks, a skirt to DIY, and two excellent young adult books for 99 cents each) and then got frozen yogurt for dinner. My best friend in TFA⎯Dave⎯texted me soon after, so we got a "dessert" of sushi with him and his girlfriend. All in all, a very packed and wonderful end to my very packed and wonderful week! I think this will be a good year. Busy, but good.

Here's another roll of film I developed from my trip. I'm glad you guys are enjoying these! I think film is so pretty. It has a quality you can't really imitate digitally. This roll is from our time in France and Italy.

























(Ps. I read all of your comments, and appreciate them greatly! I'm going to try and start finding a time to reply to them each night; I'm sorry I've been so busy lately. Just wanted to say that I do really appreciate you guys!)

22 comments :

  1. great photos. you are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. I am so jealous. I love the photos of the market stalls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT. It was so fun to wander around and look through everything. Old stuff is just... better. ;P

      Delete
  3. Great photos! Looks like you had great time there! :)

    VIE BELLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fantastic, I loved it!

      Delete
  4. What beautiful photos! It really looks like you had a great time!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D It was fantastic, I can't wait for another adventure.

      Delete
  5. Such good photos! I agree, film seems to have something about it that you just can't get with digital. I think film is a little more intimate or personal, where it's very easy to feel nothing emotionally towards digital photos. Sounds strange, but that's how film feels to me!!

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks m'am! I like how you put that; intimate is a great word for film. It's a totally different feel!

      Delete
  6. i can't believe these are all film photos! they are seriously great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Film always impresses me; I wish it wasn't so expensive to develop, or I'd shoot in film all the time!

      Delete
  7. What camera did you use to take these? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used an old Minolta X-700. :D I love it so much; it's easy to carry around and produces some great shots, I think!

      Delete
  8. Wow :) These photos are amazing! Love them :D
    Amy x
    http://dontfeedthebirdsplease.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These shots are lovely, Leila! I have done a little travel in Europe as well and fell in love. I'll be scraping pennies until I can go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love traveling around Europe and can definitely empathize with trying to save up for some return trips! Where have you visited so far?

      Delete
  10. this is total perfection! all of these photos are drool worthy - i love your lace top - you just fit in so perfectly in this scenery

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photographs are so beautiful! And I simply have to follow your blog!

    Hugs,
    E.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips