Wednesday, August 29, 2012

school daze

9:45 at night and I feel exhausted; when did I become old again? ;P School is back in session, which means I am working, working, working pretty much all the time. This year feels different, though; I don't immediately pass out upon returning home or, conversely, stay up until the wee hours frantically typing lesson plans. Instead, I am able to do normal things⎯I can run to the grocery store, or watch a movie, or do the dishes. I even can attend workshops at night for my own personal fulfillment. That's right, I'm in a workshop... a poetry workshop with Kim Addonizio!

Yesterday was my first day, and it was everything I could have hoped for (there were even home-made cookies!). Kim was wonderful, the 6 other poets were wonderful, and I just felt very safe and satisfied. I missed writing with other people, you know? It was a big chunk of my life that was missing last year. Also, can we talk about how cool it is that I'm sitting in Kim Addonizio's living room on Monday nights? Because I studied her poems in undergrad and thought she was the absolute coolest, and now I've met her cat! Dreams do come true.

So that's me at the moment⎯no pictures for now, but I'll likely post some later this week. Labor day's coming up this weekend and I'm already pretty ready for a vacation, even if I have only been teaching about 7 days. ;) Are you all doing anything fun? I hope to see pictures of you all having a much more interesting time than I am!

Ps. If you're curious, here are the books of poetry I've been currently reading when not teaching/writing my little heart out:

4 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness, I have not stopped by in awhile it seems! Congrats on your first week of school and I am so happy for you that this year will be more manageable! I have been scrolling through your film from your trip and they are AMAZING! From the last post, I absolutely love the hanging white laundry shot, the delicious cheese and pizza pictures, your crochet top, the scenery...Yeah, so basically everything! I hope you are having another good week and will definitely make an effort to stop by more often :)
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! :D I'm glad you like my pictures! I've definitely fallen behind in my blog-reading and am trying to catch up, so no worries at all; glad you stopped by! :D

      Delete
  2. Well, good luck with school now that it's in full-swing! I'm glad your first day was great! Hopefully, the rest of the year will follow suit. ;) As for me? I just started my last semester of college EVER, so we'll see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And congratulations! That is so exciting; I hope this year is everything you hope for. :)

      Delete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips