Wednesday, September 5, 2012

thrift shop

As most of you know, I love to thrift. My outfit posts may be somewhat misleading with the list beneath of where my clothing items are from⎯nearly all of my American Apparel, Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, and H&M goodies have been purchased second hand as well! I very rarely shell out money at an actual store, and when I do, I stick pretty exclusively to the sales racks. I'm cheap, what can I say!

So, basically every weekend, I go thrifting. I'm trying to purchase fewer items when I go, but I still keep up the frequency of my visits because I really just love the experience. Call me crazy. ;) This past weekend, I ventured into San Francisco for my thrifting fix. There was a Labor Day sale at Thrift Town and I couldn't pass up a sale on already cheap clothing, could I?! I generally prefer the San Leandro Thrift Town because it's closer to Oakland and the vibe is more relaxed, but I figured I would mix it up a bit and BART over to San Fran. I accidentally came an hour early, so Henrik and I wandered around the Mission and found a coffee place that was open and was not Starbucks.









Luckily I don't need that last book. ;) After Thrift Town, Henrik headed to work and I mosied over to Mission Thrift. Mission Thrift is one of my favorite places to thrift in the Bay. The prices are very reasonable for San Fran vintage and I usually walk away with something I'm really excited about. Everything is organized by style/era, which makes finding an item quickly a breeze. Plus, the people are super chill and friendly.





All in all, a great thrifting adventure! Here are my favorite finds from that day.



And, on the topic of thrifting, here is an a-maz-ing song I discovered yesterday. Perfection.



"I wear your granddad's clothes. I look incredible."
Preach! ;)


3 comments :

  1. Ohh, those thrift stores look great! Whenever I find a brand-name that I love thrifting, I always get really excited. I hardly ever seem to have luck, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I would love to some day visit mission thrift! I missed all the great labor day thrift sales while camping unfortunately, but definitely want to go this weekend! I too am trying to buy less, but can seriously enjoy myself in one thrift store for a good 2 hours haha!
    Happy Friday to you!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I have a thrifting buddy like you! I love that Nirvana shirt and denim shorts.

    Kathy
    http://mypeachdays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips