Saturday, September 1, 2012

travel gear

I know I've posted a lot of pictures these past few weeks from my trip (and there are still more to come!), but something I think is regularly left out from these narratives is the journey itself! Getting there isn't always so glamorous⎯or so appears to be the popular consensus. Planes are cold and stuffy, your hair becomes tousled and your clothes wrinkle, and lines can be long and exhausting. All of these factors contribute to "please-don't-look-at-me, I'm-traveling" attire. I am certainly usually guilty of this (jeans and a baggy shirt all the way, amiright?). But can the act of traveling⎯planes, cars, taxis, and all⎯be a beautiful, blog-worthy event as well? Perhaps! I hope to start documenting the journeys more thoroughly, even if my hair resembles a bird's nest.

These pictures are from my journey flying from Tunisia to France. I wore the hat because I didn't want it to get crumpled in my suitcase, and the leather skirt because I knew it wouldn't wrinkle! I think it worked out and I didn't look nearly as frumpy as I usually do. ;)










blouse: Forever 21 ~ skirt: H&M ~ hat: thrifted ~ shoes: Forever 21

What do you usually wear when traveling?

17 comments :

  1. Your hat is possible one of the cutest I have ever seen! So perfectly rounded with the perfect size rim and the most adorable bow! I love it (and the rest of the outfit too, don't even get me started on that leather skirt!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a gorgeous hat (our school hats are a fair bit like it, one of the few parts of the uniform I actually like). Love how everything matches so perfectly :D

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I had to wear not one but two hats when travelling because I didn't want them to get crumpled in my suitcase. I sure as heck didn't look as cute as you. In fact I'm pretty sure I looked mad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so beautiful! and that is such a lovely outfit. I have a really hard time figuring out what to wear when traveling. Thanks for making it a little easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest hat with the cutest bow.

    Rachel
    floralprintsandcommonsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an adorable outfit!! I'm the worst when travelling. Jeans, shirt, jumper in case it's cold, and zero clothes in my suitcase because I always think I'll get to go shopping the first day I'm there to buy a whole new wardrobe (it rarely happens) :P
    Thanks for sharing! Now I expect I'll be wearing my hats every time I jump on a plane!! Rhi xx

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, I am completely in love with that hat! So so so gorgeous! <3

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look super cute for a plane ride!
    I also usually in a sweater + wrinkle-free skirt + stockings to avoid the freezing cabin air cons
    I love stockings cause as soon as you are outside airpots, the hot humid weather won't allow any jeans! LOL

    love the hat and the super cute glasses

    anyway, I love your blog!
    it's filled with little wonders (plus, I love the way you edited your pics)
    following you now, hopefully you'd follow back :)

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape 

    ReplyDelete
  9. i cannot believe you thrifted that hat- it's sooo pretty! i want it. and this look is adorable- and it looks comfy enough to travel in too. like how uncomfortable can a soft, leather skirt be, am i right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice pictures, love your Blog & style ♥

    http://givemeswag.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute travelling outfit! I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I favour leggings for plane journeys. They're just so comfy!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you be any cuter?? no. You really can't. Did you see what I wore in my post about Versailles. The worst of the worst haha seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've inspired me to get dressed up next time I have to take a flight somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look so beautiful in this post. love the hat and the glasses

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look SO CUTE! Somehow fancy and casual at the same time, even though that doesn't even make sense! I love the hat and have been avidly searching for one while thrifting lately, but they never seem to fit my head correctly if do come across a cute one! Just found you on instagram too (your cats look ADORABLE). Hope you are having a good day back at school!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  16. That has got to be the cutest travel outfit ever! You look perfect from head to toe.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips