Sunday, October 7, 2012

50

Today is my father's 50th birthday. I have to say, it is pretty strange not being able to be there. I had considered seriously flying out, but I couldn't get the time off⎯if we had had a week-long break like last year, I would have been able to, but I guess there's no point being angry.

I have a lot of feelings about all of this⎯50, being far away from my family, aging in general⎯but I'm finding it difficult to form coherent thoughts. I am very lucky to have my dad. Both of my parents lost one parent before they were my age. I am lucky. I am lucky. Thank you, God, for all you have given me.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips