Tuesday, October 2, 2012

eat real

A couple weekends ago, Henrik and I ventured out to a different part of Oakland for Eat Real fest. Eat Real is a hybrid between a state fair and a block party, basically. Set up all along Jack London Square are food trucks set up selling local food for under 5 bucks! Not bad, right? Plus, they teach you about what you're eating, and there's music and you can buy packaged things to take home. It's a really neat local event. It was one of the first things Henrik and I went to when we moved here last year, and if you're around for the next one, I would recommend you dropping by! It's a great dinner date. :)






we got the chai one and it was DELICIOUS; you'll see it pictured in a sec!













everything: thrifted ~ sweater: urban outfitters (also second hand)


Such a fun way to spend an evening. :) Now, Henrik just got back from Sweden, so we're gonna go grab some grub! It's a million degrees here (okay, it's actually been about 95) and we need to find some air conditioning. Hope you all are having a good start to your week!

5 comments :

  1. this looks AWESOME. i love events like that. and those photos of you are gorgeous. i LOVE them

    tumbled :: weareintrepid.com

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay this looks way too cool! I want to eat everything there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!! Another blogger from Oakland! Exciting! I missed out on the Eat Real fest, so I'm living vicariously through this post. Chai cola (which sounds delicious) and I see a "veg gyro" menu option in one of those photos -- I'm kicking myself in the butt for not having made it out there myself!

    Kayla // kaylanaut.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I love the picture of the piggy being sent to heaven! I want a print with that image on it on my kitchen wall :P Looks like a lot of fun :D Rhi xx

    The Wildest of Dreams
    The Shaanti Project <-- If you are reading this, you should like this page :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips