Monday, November 26, 2012

a knowledge-y black friday

I don't know about you all, but I've never really been all about Black Friday. It wigs me out—hours after gushing about how thankful they are, Americans trample each other for five bucks off a blender. I don't get it! And I feel pretty damn horrible for all the employees who are dragged away from their families for stores that open on Thanksgiving night for Black Friday sales. I mean, hello, it's not Friday yet, did the CEOs of all those companies miss the day of second grade where we went over how to tell time on our cardboard clocks? Get it together. And, of course, coming from a serious thrifter—the deals aren't even that great. Give me 50% off American Apparel and then we're talking.

So what'd I do? I went to the museum! Henrik's mom is in town and we ventured over to San Francisco to learn about the wonderful world we live in.







And what I wore:

riding pants: american apparel ~ lace top: forever 21 ~ flower blouse: thrifted ~ denim jacket: vintage levi
boots: doc martens ~ purse: thrifted ~ bracelet: urban outfitters


(Hope you all had a great holiday!) :)

8 comments :

  1. I feel the same way about this holiday, & so does my partner. But the thing is I'm not American (not yet anyway- *fingers crossed*!), so I feel like I want to try out Thanksgiving at least once, to get a feel for American culture more. So is it ok to take part in Thanksgiving Thursday but not Black Friday?

    (PS- Why is it called Black Friday? Seems pretty daunting to me! In fact, here in the UK's medical world, we have Black Wednesday- it's a day in the summer when most junior doctors start their first day in hospitals. You can imagine what the patient death rate is like, hence the morbid name of the day!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like such a good way to spend black friday! Walking off your thanksgiving meal while learning new thins! I LOVE your AA riding pants, I have been looking at those same exact ones in the same color but ended up going for the high waist zip jeans instead, waiting for it in the mail as we speak! You seriously rock them though!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with what you said about Black Friday. It's starting to get really big (and annoying) here in Romania, too.

    Your outfit's super cute and I adore the photos!

    S., The Hearabouts

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so beautiful, it looks like you had such a beautiful holiday.

    I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling bad for those poor employees on black Friday. It does seem terrible to have people taken away from their families to work for a lousy minimum wage so people can fight, scratch and claw their way to save a couple of bucks.

    anyway, i'm glad you found a better way to spend your day.

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! You celebrated Black Friday the right way. Amazing photographs, it looks like you had a great time.

    http://prudenceandaustere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and great way to spend the day off! I really think this is how we should do it - with family and friends instead of fighting. And i LOVE all of these photos they are beautiful

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails // shabby apple gift card giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The museums in SF are amazing! I went with my friend to the Legion of Honors and we just spent hours there. All of these neat photos makes me want to go back :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, why am I just now stumbling across your blog?!? You are absolutely adorable, these pictures are absolutely adorable! Can't wait to read more from you :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips