Monday, November 12, 2012

what's up?

Do you guys remember this song?


Mm, 90's baby. Anyways, what's up? I've been having a busy couple of weeks and, frankly, cannot believe we're almost halfway through November. I feel like time is pulling pranks on me because suddenly I'm having to wear socks to bed and there are Christmas decorations everywhere. What happened to September? Wasn't I just anticipating fall?

Other than graduate applications and what feels like mountains of work, I haven't been doing too much personally; lame, but the truth. Not much is new. Sylvie's bigger, Henrik's mom is coming for Thanksgiving, and on Tuesday Barack Obama was elected president again (woo!). Aside from that, life is pretty much the same.

Am I the only one who feels like I'm constantly running? I'm sure I'm not, but I don't know how you all balance life and work so gracefully! Teach me your ways. :P While I try to figure out that tenuous balance, here are some pictures of what's been up with me.

fall in the Bay


Henrik's birthday!


spirit week at school - 80's day
for halloween, all of us teachers dressed up as greek gods; I was Circe

was in a writing workshop last weekend
watched Obama win again!
hung out with my dumb-dumb cat, who likes q-tips if you noticed

And though it's not pictured, I bought a new laptop! Macbook Pro, I feel so fancy. ;)

These are my adventures so far. Today, I'll be studying; next weekend, I'll be cleaning. Weekend after that, I should be sending out applications. Everything's coming so fast. :(

10 comments :

  1. Awww, these are all such fun photos! My only advice is to take it a day at a time...when I get really stressed I try and just focus on the day ahead, it seems to make it easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness kitty in a bib! :D :D Cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your blog
    sincerely,
    your newest follower
    mrs. S

    kissandnowthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha you're like the coolest teacher ever. Actually, your school seems like the coolest school ever. Can I come and work there pleeease? Thank youuuuu!! I am sorry for not stopping by your blog in a while! I am going to catch up on your life noooowww okay byeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    elissiam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love getting new gadgets so a new laptop must be fun :D and the teachers dressing up looks fun - i love the greek goddess costume on you. i always feel so busy too - i don't think i have balance at all!
    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time is definitely going by quickly! I can't believe it's almost December! Great pictures, girl!
    And oh gosh, I totally remember that song!!! I've never seen the video before though. Oh the 90's. Too fabulous for our own good ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's up is one of my all time faves! I used to sing it a lot in my guitar days :) great snapshots, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so beautiful and talented! I would love to have a teacher like you in my school! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips