Sunday, December 2, 2012

holiday cheer

Commence panic! Okay, this is a holiday post, but it is ALSO the week of me sending out two of my applications. Jinkies! Where has the time gone? In two weeks, I'll have half of my applications out into the world. It is a truly terrifying thought.

That aside, happy December! It's a time of snow (or rain, if you're in the Bay Area), twinkling lights, fake Christmas trees, and holiday sweaters. I love Christmas. I think I may love Christmas more than any Muslim on the planet. My iTunes Christmas playlist has over 200 songs. I'm not even joking you. It's all just so good!

Last weekend, Henrik and I put up our tree. :) It's Sylvie's first Christmas and she was thrilled with all the shiny new things for her to put in her mouth. Oh, Sylvie.



And for your viewing pleasure, our awkward family photo. ;)


Now all I have to do is go Christmas shopping! I want to buy all of my gifts locally, but I'm finding it so hard to find time to go out and look. How are you guys doing with the holiday shopping? Anyone making gifts?

14 comments :

  1. It is my sons first christmas, and just like your cat, he is enjoying all the shiny things to put in his mouth. :) (haha)
    I love making things, but somehow never think anyone would actually like something homemade (strange, huh? because I know I would love it if that's what I received).
    Also, here in austin we have many christmas bazaars, full of homemade-local-goodness. I'd assume you have something like that there ... if you are in sf? Anyways, it's a great place to do all your local gift buying at once!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable! I love the family photo :] I haven't even begun to think about Christmas shopping yet... I am kinda of being a scrooge this year. I am so glad you are excited for the Holiday season though! Good luck with the applications.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so charming. I love your holiday photo, it's so sweet and delightful.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHRISTMAS IS THE BEST. I love your photos, especially the one of you dressed up as a Christmas tree haha :)

    elissiam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment! Beautiful ornaments :)

    <3 Aimee
    www.swellmayde.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh! You and boy are freaking adorable! But good luck with all of those applications! Fingers crossed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cool dress up Christmas tree!!!
    Lenusik ♥ ♥ ♥ With love ♥ ♥ ♥
    Velvetrose

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're photos are so great, Leila!! I love the ones of you with the lights :D
    Are these all film photos? Ahhh this gets me so excited for Christmas :D

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and can't forget - good luck with all the applications!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, getting in the christmas spirit, love it. We jsut decorated our tree. My sister was being a grumpy grinch/ scrooge. My mum bought a short tree so that our short family would not have to struggle to get the star on top. I love the photo of you with the lights, quite pretty :D

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought a ton of crocheted dish cloths off Etsy to give out, and I'm making homemade felt food for the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. your awkward family photo is the best! and i hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos! I'm really liking your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips