Monday, January 21, 2013

keep on the sunny side

A couple days ago, I was feeling really down. The test results showed some troublesome developments and I was exhausted—tired of doctors, tired of being sick, tired of not knowing. I began worrying about what was going to happen next. I had every right to; the truth is, something is wrong. There's a mass in me and it could potentially be bad. I spent a lot of time crying.

What I've come to realize, though, is there is little use in worrying. I have an MRI coming up, and then a biopsy. Until then, I have no idea what's going on. There is no point worrying. What comes will come—I have to think positive until then.

Since my mini-revelation, I've been determined to enjoy myself. I dragged myself out of my depression and cleaned my room. I did a bit of shopping. I made things. I feel pretty darn good. No matter what happens with the test results these next few weeks, I know I'm lucky. All things considered, I still live a really nice life. I'm trying to remember and celebrate that more often.

So, anyways, here's what I wore to craft and run around Temescal today. :)

blouse: vintage ~ sweater: thrifted & DIY ~ both skirts: american apparel ~ shoes: vintage

I added studs to my sweater last month when I was bedridden; it was a fun craft, and super easy to do. :) I like adding a little bit of ~tough~ to my feminine wardrobe. But, alas, I am still a creature of habit; yesterday I went thrifting and picked up some ultra girly stuff. Such is life!


I've gotta say, the magnifying glass was a much-needed buy. Without it, I couldn't do this:


See? Incredibly important. Oh, and I didn't miss a waxing appointment or anything—if you noticed the 'stach, I got it for 50 cents in the lobby of a restaurant yesterday. Awesome purchase. 100% necessary.

And if you'd like to see one of my crafts from today, here's something I doodled this morning! :)


:) What have you been up to this long weekend?

7 comments :

  1. I sincerely hope that all goes well for you. I'm type 1 diabetic, which is chronic, not life threatening, but I've spent an awful lot of time at hospital and doctors, etc, so I can understand where you're coming from. Anyway, I love your outfit and your "ugly" (I'm sorry, don't you mean AMAZING) thrifting finds. That magnifying glass is so awesome! :D

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah geeeez. Leila!!! This is all seriously sucky stuff my little blog friend! I really hope everything is okay. I'm here for you in as much as a blogger friend from the other side of the world can be - Seriously, email me or anything, rant on my blog. whatever you need :)
    Oh, and hey I'm a lady with a chronic illness too! Sometimes it's good knowing that you're not the only one going through crap, but it doesn't make having what you've got any easier. I fear for my life far too often, especially late at night when something feels wrong - gosh I know that one. You're awesome to keep on the positive side and keep reminding yourself that a lot of things are good, but at the same time you're definitely also allowed to feel like everything is super unfair as well, and don't beat yourself up if that thought does cross your mind - that's something I've had to teach myself!
    On the lighter side, I love the petticoat you're wearing there, and the stuff you thrifted is insanely gorgeous! I like to think I'm alright at thriting, but you have the best thrifting skills of anyone I've ever seen, hands down.

    Gigantic virtual internet hugs,
    xxx Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're okay! Just keep swimming ;) Beautiful photos! xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon. At least you know you're in safe hands and the doctors will find out what's going on for you.

    Anyway, you look so adorable! I love the skirts and the magnifying glass is awesome. Oh, and your drawing is super cute.

    Too many things to comment on in this one post!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leila,
    Hey look I'm actually commenting the things I'm thinking in my head every time I get the honor to read one of your blog postings! First off you always inspire me with the things you do. Whether it's your out look when things get tough, your fun spirit in that you are always making and finding such wonderful little things and sharing them, and well of course your great sense of style. I hope at the end of all this crappiness medical wise you will come out stronger for it. Know you are surrounded by people who love and care for you so just reach out, we are here.
    Love,
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your skirt, blouse and bralet. Lovely blog post x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. love and prayers coming your way pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips