Friday, February 8, 2013

hard

I'm updating with something not so pleasant. After a series of doctors and tests, I am faced now with two possibilities—one benign, and one very much not. The stress of this has gotten to the point where I cannot take on much else. As a result, I have made the decision to take two weeks leave from work.

I feel the need to post this here because this blog is meant to be about my life and, honestly, this uncertainty about my health has consumed every part of my life now. I think it's important to see the not-so-pretty sides of people. So often, bloggers post glossy, selective snapshots of their lives. This isn't beautiful, but it is what it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if I begin posting more often as opposed to less in the upcoming weeks; I have decided to use this time making things, as I find this best helps distract me. I will try to do my best to keep optimistic and do the things I love while we continue the testing and hope for the best.

10 comments :

  1. Keep your chin up as much as possible :) fingers and toes crossed for you getting some positive news after all the tests
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping your results are inshallah good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, I'm certainly praying

      Delete
  3. I am sending the best of wishes and happy thoughts your way girl! Thanks for sharing with us, its sometimes so hard trying to be so damn positive on these blogs all the time! I hope you at least stay distracted making things and think it was a great decision to take a bit of time off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! :) I'm really enjoying making things; it does help a lot.

      Delete
  4. I got word this week that I have to get knee replacement surgery. Medical issues are so personal but support from other people is so important.
    I'll be thinking of you. Stay strong, sweetheart. Take care <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry. :( Thank you for your kind thoughts, and I hope your medical procedure goes well! Healing to us both. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about this :(. You are definitely in my prayers and I hope you get some good news your way ♥

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear that Leila. I too was diagnosed with fibrocystic breast disease two years ago. Doctor advised me to undergo surgery and have the big ones removed but I opted not to because they couldn't guarantee that it won't grow back. I've been trying to put it off my mind these past few years and been trying to improve my health through natural methods, laughing a lot, doing relaxing stuff, meditation, eating super foods and just keeping a positive mindset. Just thinking about the illness makes one really feel ill so I think you blogging more often to keep your mind away from your health woes is a good step. Just believe in recovery and it will be within your grasp.

    And thanks for nominating me for the Liebster Award Leila! I really appreciate it. <333

    Kathy
    http://mypeachdays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. Health things are so overwhelming. I will definitely be keeping a focus on being positive. :)

      And no problem! You deserve it!

      Delete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips