Friday, February 15, 2013

heart on my sleeve: DIY heart print blouse

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day, everyone! I loooove dressing up for the holidays. Seeing as I've been on a bit of a crafting rampage, I decided to make a festive blouse. Here's how I did it.


1. Get your materials. I got all of mine from a thrift/craft place for like 2 bucks (nice, right?!). I used fabric paint, and am not sure how acrylic would compare; if you're feeling adventurous, go for it. :)


2. Place cardboard between the layers of the shirt. A tip: If you can, cover the cardboard with packing tape, as it makes it much easier to pull the shirt off from later.



3. Hold  your shirt down with something heavy (I used books I've been reading, haha). This keeps the material from moving around while you stamp.



4. Put paint on your stamp. I used a paintbrush to spread it evenly.



5. Stamp! If there are any weird bits (and there very well may be), use your paintbrush to fix it up. :)

There you have it! After letting it dry for ~24 hours, you're ready to rock your new blouse. :)

blouse: diy ~ blazer: H&M ~ skirt: American Apparel ~ socks: thrifted ~ shoes: Urban Outfitters

I'll post pictures soon of my gift for Henrik! :) I hope you all had a love-filled, wonderful day.

8 comments :

  1. This is so incredible and beautiful! <3

    Great job my dear!

    Hugs,
    E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute DIY! :D Soo pretty for Valentines day! I love it :)x
    Sofia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea - I love how it turned out - the outfit you wore with it is just perfect - love those shoes!

    <3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails
    enter to win a custom made dog or cat collar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. $2 is amazing! Everyone kinda is in love with hearts aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute!! I did something sorta similar to this a few days ago. I used an arrow stencil. Didn't turn out quite as neatly as yours did, though!
    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nawwww, this is so gorgeous. I love the project and how you styled it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips