Friday, April 19, 2013

throwback: carthage ruins, tunisia


















This summer was Henrik's first time in Tunisia. I was incredibly excited to show Henrik where I'm from; as a dual-citizen, I am very fond of my "other home" and take great pride in my North African roots. I was able to learn a little more about my country's history as well while we explored ruins left over from the great Carthaginian Empire. I love the mix of old and new world that exists in Tunisia, and wish we had a bit more of that here. It gets tiresome, always seeing the same colossal gray buildings of concrete and the blinking billboards and signs by the highway. I think there's something to say about preserving and honoring what was.

Oh, and by the way, that beautiful lady accompanying us? That's my cousin Farah! :)

13 comments :

  1. Heya your blog is amazing! would you mind checking mine lovely? im new and dont have many followers :(

    caterpillar-girll@blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just followed you! :) Love your style lady, it's fantastic. :D

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a nice place! You guys look gorgeous!
    Kisses from Paris

    http://www.frenchinlosangeles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these shots are just lovely! You look gorgeous as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lady! :D That means so much coming from a talented lady like yourself! :)

      Delete
  4. I just discovered your gorgeous blog! Your photos are perfection. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I'm so glad to hear you like it! :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos! And I'm jealous!

    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice photographs, looks like a beautiful time.

    Cheers, Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are just gorgeous - and I love your top!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips