Sunday, May 26, 2013

5 proms

It's that time of year! The time where young men pick out their tuxes right before they need it and young women search anxiously for the perfect dress. It's time for hairdos held in place by bobby pins and enough hairspray to cause a hole in the atmosphere, time for elaborate corsages, time for heels much too high. Prom!

Last night, I went to my fifth prom. It was my second as a chaperone, and it was a blast. I was reflecting on just how many proms I had been to and decided to take a look at proms past.


Junior year. Mom's dress, my best friends, and a heck of a lot of photos.


Senior year. My first formal dress that was bought specifically for me! Lots of over-excitement at almost being done with high school.


The year right after high school! The three of us best friends were asked by high school fellas.


My first time to prom as a teacher chaperone. :)

And, here are the photos from last night—prom number 5!


dress: urban outfitters ~ shoes: jeffrey campbell ~ floral crown: diy

I have no idea if I'll have a prom number 6, but if I do, I look forward to it! I love any opportunity to get fancy and dance. Adulthood should have more of those sorts of occasions! Anyways, now I'll leave you all with this picture of me and my weirdo cat. Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend!



5 comments :

  1. Love the flower crown! I miss prom! I'm so old! At least I still get to go to military balls! Looks like fun! I've got a giveaway on now!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :

    ReplyDelete
  2. those photos are really pretty

    Very cool blog!! Love it.

    I invite you to check out my blog!
    loyaltofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture at the end was just classic. I burst into laughter when I saw your cat! Makes me wanna go chaperone some proms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely in all your prom dresses :D It must be fun to see the excitement in the highschoolers.

    Vanessa {Found & Kept}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your final outfit looks amazing - I love it!!

    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips