Tuesday, June 18, 2013

every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end



This past week has been an emotional one. It was my final week of teaching, and the seniors' last hurrah before graduation. I spent a lot of time with them this week, from sitting on top of a hill to watch the sun set to chaperoning a trip down to Disneyland to snapping their photos at graduation. 

I really do appreciate how LPS celebrates this transition, and recognizes the significance it holds for so many of our students and their families. Some of the graduates were the first in their family to receive a high school diploma. Others, the first to go to college. Nearly all faced adversity and hardship along the way. We sat one evening on a hill and watched the sunset, reflecting aloud about what we overcame to reach this point and where we're headed now. Like it or not, the sun has set on this chapter—there are no more hall passes or proms, no more physics tests, no more school assemblies or parent conferences or lunches on the basketball court.

I don't know what is in store for my students, but I wish them all good things. I told my seniors a quote I love, in hopes that it may have given them solace. It is a comfort, too, to me as I head into the same unknown.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost



























1 comment :

  1. congratulations! what a nice day for the ceremony! xox

    Check out my new blogpost featuring SUCK IS FREE launch party in Sydney! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips