Thursday, June 27, 2013

red, white, and black


Yesterday, I ventured over to San Francisco for what was likely the last time this year. It really is incredible that Elissa—my best friend, whom I've known since we were 12 years old—and I would both end up in the Bay, her in San Fran, me in Oakland. It's been such a great experience having her so close by, and I can't even express how sad I am that I will now be so far away.  I always have had this dream of us three best friends (Elissa, Lexi, and myself) living in the same city for the rest of our lives, having each other over for guacamole on the porch and going thrifting and having our future babies play together. While I'm a wanderer, sometimes I hate the drift that life takes us on, pulling us away from each other. I know that this transition of me to a new city will not hurt our friendship, but I still wish I could transport Elissa to North Carolina so I would still have my best friend just thirty minutes away. 

red leather jacket: bebe ~ white shirt: thrifted ~ american flag bandeau: american apparel (rah rah rah, USA! screw you, DOMA!) ~ shorts: levi's ~ boots: urban outfitters

Anyways, our San Francisco adventure was a blast. We are true shopaholics (thriftfanatics? second hand junkies?), so we perused a variety of stores and came away with some pretty bad-ass finds, if I do say so myself. I didn't buy a single thing for full price! I'm super cheap and so never buy anything if it's not a) in a thrift store, or b) severely on sale (none of that 10% off b.s.). That means, when I find things I've been lusting over for what feels like an eternity and it's mega cheap because it's second hand, I feel like it's Christmas! Oh, how I will miss all the gems in Bay Area thrift stores.



(how sweet are these???)

A smattering of my treasures from yesterday. I am pretty much obsessed with this animal blouse. Zoo days, here I come!


4 comments :

  1. That blouse is so nice! Great pics and I love the backdrop to the first picture! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with that blouse! where on earth you get that?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips