Sunday, June 16, 2013

school daze



It's over!

And it's beginning again. This Friday was my last day of school as a teacher at LPS. I am still wrapping my head around leaving this role as an educator and have still a lot of reflecting to do. (Who am I now? What do I take with me? How do I use these experiences to inform my future decisions and choices?) I am also now starting to realize that I will soon be a student again, as I will be heading out in two weeks to begin my journey towards North Carolina and graduate school.

That's a lot of transitions! Now that both myself and my students are headed off to college in the fall, I'm looking for resources that will best ease us into the school year. One of the things every college student needs (and dreads) to do is to get textbooks. When I was an undergraduate, I hated getting textbooks. I always ended up spending a ton, and when I went to sell them back, I got practically pennies. (Seriously. I think I maybe bought a sandwich or something with the pity change I got back.)

I recently found out about Campus Book Rentals. While I've never rented books before, it seems genius. Not only do you save 40-90% off of bookstore prices, but there's also free shipping! (Hallelujah!) You can even highlight in them like they're your own books. And, as if all of this wasn't great enough, they've partnered with Operation Smile and are donating over 1,000 life changing cleft lip surgeries this year to children in need. Pretty fantastic, if you ask me. They've also started a new service called Rent Back; you can rent your textbooks to other students and make 2-4 times as much as you would just selling them to a bookstore. (Remember my sandwich story?) When you're looking for textbooks this fall, I'd suggest you check Campus Book Rentals out.

And, as you're contemplating your fall semester, here are some drool-worthy school duds I've been checking out. Sayonara, frumpy teacher outfits! Hello student chic. ;)

back to school


This post has been sponsored by Campus Book Rentals, but all opinions are my own!

1 comment :

  1. I adore the collection of items! The red satchel is great! Loved this post! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips