Saturday, June 29, 2013

summer 2013 cross-country roadtrip: California to Michigan



First of all, thank you Photobucket for crapping on me overnight! It appears I reached my first ever limit, so I had to upgrade to a pro-account; dang, blogging, look what you do to me. My apologies if anyone came here in the past few hours and saw a ton of gray! 

Anyways, yes, ROAD TRIP. As I've mentioned in my previous posts, I'm moving. It is all starting to really hit me in this big, breath-stealing way (just short of hyperventilating and crying—it closely resembles the feeling you get as you click your way up the hill of a roller coaster and are nearing the top). Tomorrow is my last day here. Tomorrow, at some indeterminate hour (why does cleaning/donating/getting rid of things take a thousand years more than you thought it would?), Henrik and I will get into our car with the backseat filled with duffel bags and snacks, and we will begin driving south, away from our home of 2 years.

Driving across the country when you're short on time is no fun; Henrik's done it two times in under 3 days, and it wasn't pretty. Luckily for us, it's summer and we're young, so we have oodles of time! Therefore, we're taking a 17 day trip from California to Michigan. Stay tuned for pictures from Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, and a whole lot more! I'll be posting as frequently as I can, but if you want live-updates, feel free to follow me on Instagram!

And for your viewing pleasure, our official list of stops:


6 comments :

  1. WHOA! That's such an awesome road trip. But um, even more WHOA is the fact that you're going to East Lansing! I went to college there. Which is most likely how I came across your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s so awesome! Can’t wait to see take all beautiful pics, have fun you two! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this sounds so awesome! I LOVE road trips. I really hope we can see some of the photos you'll take.
    My blog: Life Is A Romantic Poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to do a road trip across the country. have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sounds so exciting! i can't wait to read about your adventures (:

    xoxo, Oleah
    xthesimplethingsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hot dang that's a long trip....my husband and i just drove to tennessee to see my parents....from idaho. it was a 28 hour drive and we went straight through....no stops to sleep...it was awful. don't do it. sleep. or something. :) anyway! cute blog!

    morgan

    morganandnormanreece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips