Sunday, August 4, 2013

yellow, and other things


If you're following me on Instagram, you already know, but those who aren't⎯surprise! I'm blonde! (Sorta.) This hair change came actually as an accident, as have most of the alterations to my locks (whoops!). I was accompanying my friend to get her hair dyed blonde, and decided I would sit down in a chair and get "the tips" of my hair dyed too. THE TIPS. As you can see, they had a very liberal definition of "tips." However, after the initial shock, I have to say I've warmed up to it! I guess we'll see if blondes have more fun. ;)


Aside from that, there isn't much change in my life, though there will be some big ones right around the bend. In a week, I will be leaving East Lansing, and in a little more than that, I will be getting settled into my new home in Raleigh. Where did the time go? It seems unreal that I will be starting graduate school in a little over two weeks. Being here, in East Lansing, is a bit like a time-machine. At night I sleep in the same bed I did as a child, surrounded by photographs and drawings from elementary school and posters of long forgotten 90's pop stars. I ride a bike everywhere again, as I am once again without a car. I watch movies with my parents. I laze by the pool at my best friend's house. Grad school seems almost like a distant dream, because I feel like I've been living in some strange version of my younger years. It feels like I should be going school shopping with my mom for 50 cent notebooks and a TI-83 calculator while gossiping with my friends on the landline and swapping our fall schedules.

Is it like that for any of you, when you return to your hometown? As much as I love to travel and go off on my own, I have to admit there's something really comforting about returning to this place. Though I haven't been having high-action days or anything, I'm enjoying my time here. It's relaxing, and I think just what I needed after this crazy year. I'll be sure to keep posting soon, especially with some more photos from my trip, but for now I'm just sort of soaking up the feeling of home before I have to leave again. Thanks for bearing with me!


6 comments :

  1. I think blonde hair suits you. It would be interesting to see you with full blonde hair.best of luck on grad school! :)

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm working up the courage to try it one day... ;)

      Delete
  2. There is something VERY comforting about going home. Seeing your old things and remembering your old way of living. You look beautiful btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree; it's nice to know you can almost go back to how things were. And thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lucky thrift find in North Carolina!

      Delete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips