Sunday, September 1, 2013

farmer's market






















Yesterday, I went to the Raleigh Farmer's Market for the first time! Since moving here, I've been adventuring to the variety of grocery stores around to get a feel for what my new staples might be, but I'd been dreaming of visiting the Farmer's Market—with good reason! There's something really wonderful about markets that you don't get to experience in the drab, fluorescent aisles of a supermarket. I adore all the color everywhere. I've heard from folks who know better than I do that you should aim to eat a colorful meal, and how can you not desire one after wandering through a market? So many brilliant shades of red, yellow, purple, and green! Of course, I wanted to buy it all, but being the broke graduate student that I am, I settled on a basket of peaches, some big fat tomatoes, and a loaf of bread. Next time's purchases? Definitely some sweets, cheese, and flowers!

1 comment :

  1. That has to be the best looking farmer's market I have every seen! Our in Texas are very dinky by comparison. I want all those beets too

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips