Thursday, October 3, 2013

october


I don't know about you all, but I am thrilled that October is finally here. October has always been one of my favorite months, second only to June, month of my birth and school's-out-for-summer. I don't think it could really be any more terrific, unless it were longer. (Can we do that? Can we petition to get rid of, say, November, and just replace it with more October? I'd be fine with that.) October is the month of fall drinks at cafes and bars, the month of sweaters and velvet and everything burgundy, mustard, and burnt orange, the month of cider mills and hay rides and haunted houses and pumpkin picking. It's the month of costumes and carving, of caramel apples and miniature candies. There are ghost shaped peeps! There are leaf piles to jump in! There are movies like Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown playing on TV! Obviously, October is amazing.

I thought I would welcome this long-awaited October by gathering some of my favorite recent October memories. I head to Michigan not once, but twice this October and I am thrilled to spend what I'm sure will be an amazingly festive fall time with Henrik, my family, and my friends.















And some oldies, but goodies.. ;)











4 comments :

  1. These are awesome photos! October is my favorite month of the year as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I love October as well!xo

    www.faraway-skies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved your photos, they're awesome =) I also love October! My birthday is the 22nd and we have Hocus Pocus re-runs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips