Friday, January 31, 2014

january 2014

Phew! What a month. As I lay here on this very chilly day, I can't help but feel resounding relief that tomorrow will bring the first day of February. (I am also extraordinarily grateful that February is a short month, meaning less of a wait for spring.) January has been hard. I feel myself even now tiptoeing around what I really want to say, and the truth is January was hard because I was scared. I was a victim of a bit of unnerving pervy online harassment/stalking. Though I'm fine, it threatened my feeling of safety and made me reconsider how much of my life I make available on the Internet. I want always to trust people, and I am angry that I can't. I am so deeply disgusted by it.

But I am also unwilling to stop doing the things I love because there are unsavory, predatory people out there. After some thought and consideration, I have decided not to hide. I know there is so much more good than bad, and I won't let my life be dictated by fear. I love sharing bits of my life with my friends and family and like-minded strangers I admire and have never met. I love taking photographs and telling stories. I am not ashamed of who I am or the life I live. So... take that, creepos! ;) I'm not going anywhere.

In the spirit of not letting the bad overshadow the good, here are the photos of my January! I am proud to say I kept up with taking a photo a day, and did a fairly good job of posting them regularly to Instagram. I really am so glad I decided to begin this project of documenting my daily small beauties. Already I have been in need of the reminders of what is beautiful and good in my life. If you've had a bumpy start to your year and are feeling similarly glum, maybe consider taking a moment each day to photograph what makes you happy too!













2 comments :

  1. wooah what an eventful month! Im so proud of you, it's so brave and courageous of you to still see the good no matter what bad has happened to you. Your a role model! xx

    Iesha xox
    http://secretlifeofanirishteen.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so beautiful! I love seeing all these sweet captures from your month :) I understand where you're coming from too about the whole "stalker" thing. I too just want to trust everyone and I sometimes don't realize what comes along with sharing your life on a blog or any social media for that matter. You do what you need to do to keep yourself safe and keep your mind at ease.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips