Friday, February 14, 2014

come, live in my heart and pay no rent




Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! It's one of my favorite holidays of the year. :) I know it can get a bad rap (cough cough "singles awareness day"), but I wish it didn't! I certainly have had some crummy valentines, but just because some dudes were rotten (or nonexistent) doesn't mean the day need be spoiled. After all, commercial crap aside, it really should be a day about love, and there's nothing ever bad about love. The focus, thanks to Hallmark and those cheesy jewelry commercials, seems to always be on romantic love, but that is just one of, like, a million kinds of love! There's familial love, friendship, self love, love for your furry four-legged friend, love for strangers, love for people you haven't met.. I love Valentine's Day because it is a day that I am reminded of how much love I am surrounded by. Roses, chocolates―those things don't last. If you're feeling a little glum today, treat yourself! You can always go buy yourself a bunch of sale candy tomorrow―not much is better than chocolate for cheap. As for me, I'll be reading love poems, curled up in bed with some frozen yogurt. ;)


velvet skirt: American Apparel ~ velvet blazer: thrifted Juicy Couture ~ lace tank: American Apparel
velvet bralet: vintage ~ tights: American Apparel ~ patent shoes: American Apparel 
beautiful pearl earrings because-pearls-are-my-favorite: Valentine's Day present from Henrik :)




2 comments :

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips