Thursday, February 5, 2015

life lately: January



What's New:

  • Two publications came online! My poem in Rattle and my book review in The Adroit Journal.
  • I was awarded an Academy of American Poets Prize!
  • I began my final semester of graduate school. (jinkies!)
In less pleasant news, my health has worsened. I have had a series of appointments and have finally confirmed a surgery date for the first week of March. This is both terrifying and a relief, and I'm trying not to think about it too much as I head towards my thesis defense at the end of this month. This year is already such a rollercoaster!

On Tuesday, however, I received word that I had been accepted to The Kenyon Review Writers Workshop this summer! This was a much needed bright spot, as I've been needing something to look forward to other with my surgery looming in the future. I am thrilled about this opportunity and I think it will do me a lot of good. In bracing myself for the significant dent my surgery will have on my savings, I put together my first ever GoFundMe campaign to help ease the cost of my workshop tuition this summer. If you're at all interested/have a couple bucks to spare, you can find out more here!

And now, pictures!

2 comments :

  1. amazing!!
    follow to follow?
    http://defishencia.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog for some time now, I've just been very silent and creepy about it :D Until now! I just have to say I love your bloggy and your photography, and your amazing style! And you look like Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine of the spotless Mind! Congratulations on the Academy of American poest prize, this is such a big achievement! Kudos!
    I hope your surgery goes well and you feel better soon, and much more energized and ready for more blog posts! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips